Hair transplant journey: Explained by hair transplant specialist.
Hair transplants are the latest rage, not only for people who have lost their hair due to premature thinning but also for those who want to change their hairlines or grow a more appealing mane. Is this a long-term process, or does it cause unintended tissue alterations in the body? Are hair transplants, on the other hand, genuinely safe and effective?
Dr. G. K Sharma, India’s most notable hair transplant doctor from the Regrow Clinic in Haridwar, would like to educate people about the hair transplant journey they must undertake.
Regrow Hair Clinic is a leading hair transplant clinic in Haridwar, India, specializing in cutting-edge hair transplant treatments like rapid hair transplant and thick hair implantation. These procedures offer good results with no scarring. As a result, you can have a hair transplant at Regrow Hair Clinic without fear of a fault.
Steps for hair transplant
Follicular Hair Transplantation (FUT) is a procedure that can be done in two ways:
Strip harvesting or follicular unit extraction (FUE). It is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are removed from any part of the body, such as the face or legs, and transplanted to the bald area. Hair in the lashes and brows is also transplanted using this method. The most recent procedures are permanent and pick up follicular hair clumps.
In the Regrow Hair Clinic, Dr. G K Sharma plants skin strips with good hair growth on balding sites in strip harvesting, and hair clusters with their roots are manually removed and planted at the hairless location in follicular unit extraction.
Currently, the majority of surgeons are using strip harvesting. It leaves a small scar at the donor site and guarantees a two-week healing time.
FUE can be performed in a single or several locations. It’s a laborious, time-consuming method that yields highly natural results and leaves no traces. However, it is an inefficient and time-consuming approach for both the doctor and the patient. The employment of robotics, on the other hand, has dramatically shortened and simplified this procedure.
The steps are as follows:
The fantastic hair transplant doctor from our country would like to reveal the methods that he at his clinic in Haridwar usually take.
- Getting ready for the hair transplant
Hair follicles from the back of the head are extracted and transplanted to the balding areas in the first part of the Hair Transplant Surgery.
- Trimming of the donor area
The hair in the donor area is clipped before the procedure begins.
- The donor location is ready for surgery.
Local anesthetic is used after the hair in the donor area has been cut.
- The donor area’s tissue was removed, and the donor area was sutured.
The bald resistive hair follicle-containing tissue in the donor area is then surgically removed, and the donor area is sutured.
- Hair is combed over the sutured donor area.
The donor area sutures are disguised by the patient’s hair, which is brushed over them. Almost 10 days after the hair transplant procedure, the sutures are removed.
- Follicular unit grafts made from donor tissue
Surgical technicians next use microscopes to study the donor tissue to dissect and prepare follicular unit hair grafts.
- Prepare the bald recipient area
After the patient has been given a local anesthetic, the balding recipient area is readied for the surgical procedure. Hair near the top of the recipient region does not need to be trimmed or removed.
- Hairline incisions in balding areas
The Follicular Unit is a type of follicle that Grafts insert in the recipient area through microscopic incisions created unevenly.
- Grafts are put based on their densities.
The minor grafts (one and two) are placed in front of the hairline, followed by three and four (denser than one and two).
- Immediately following a hair transplant procedure
On the patient’s operative area, tiny incisions with short hair would be visible after the hair transplant surgery.
- Hair Transplant Surgery Is Completed
The incision marks fade away on their own, and the redness in the recipient area fades away after a week.
Time to recover
Hair transplantation is a minimally invasive treatment that is frequently performed as an outpatient surgery. Patients are usually permitted to shampoo after two to three days, though the scalp must be kept from the sun and infections for some time following surgery. According to the hair transplant expert from India, Dr. G K Sharma patients are usually put on antibiotics for a few days.
Facts to Know About Hair Transplantation:
1) Transplanted hair behaves similarly to natural hair and sheds after two to four weeks. Following that, the roots begin to produce hair naturally and continue to do so for the rest of one’s life.
2) Because local anesthesia is used, the procedure is painless, and the patient can return home the same day.
3) A hair transplant is distinct from non-surgical hair restoration, in which a preselected base is dexterously applied to the scalp.
4) A luxurious crop of hair is not guaranteed after a hair transplant because the outcome varies from person to person and is linked to a person’s inherent hair quality.
5) Hair transplantation is not a viable option for every case of baldness. It is entirely dependent on the circumstances.
6) The procedure’s cost is determined by the number of grafts used—the cost increases as the quantity of grafts increases.