Physical, mental and spiritual strength is required to have a difficult time like the corona epidemic or to achieve success in any field of life or to attain the four most important goals of human life, Dharma, ARTH (money), Kama and salvation. Our basic power is to fight against all kinds of uncleanness, evil, or diseases. From the word itself it is understood that the power to resist or the power to fight against evil is the power of immunity but who to fight against? The answer is, against diseases. What are diseases? Diseases are those which weaken the body, mind and soul and take away its basic energy or power. Thus, from time to time in life, only a living being needs to fight or resist many such terrible diseases. So that God has already given resistance to the every creature or organism. But only human beings with special and unusual intelligence can make a definite effort to increase such power which can be called God’s special grace on him. Yet the man of Kali Yuga is facing many physical ailments, mental pains and spiritual infirmities or weaknesses, perhaps due to ignorance.
That is, he does not know how to resist a physical, mental or spiritual epidemic. Or what are the tools for resistance? So in this article I have mentioned 25 ways to increase immunity (Silver Jubilee). Thus every organism has basic immunity, but sometimes it can be made stronger by the following 25 measures if it is weak in fighting powerful enemies. The common understanding is that the disease is only physical. But it is also mental and spiritual so that the remedies should also be holistic. Just enough dieting measures may not give the expected result.
1) Regular exercise – Dr. William says that the biggest reason for making a man’s life short and painful is sedentary and unhealthy life. Sedentary life is also directly related to mental illness and bowel cancer. A total of more than twenty-one hours of walking per week (other than walking which also consumes the same number of calories can be considered) is required. The life of those who exercise this much is considered to be active and the life of a person who exercises less than this is considered to be sedentary. Exercise produces more endorphins in the body which keeps a person energized. If you remain inactive after the age of 30, you lose 250 grams of muscle and gains 500 grams of fat every year. To avoid this, weight lifting exercises as well as other exercises should be done regularly. (1) Walking, (2) Running (3) Swimming (4) Cycling (5) Aerobics (6) Dancing (7) skipping (rope workout) (8) Gardening (9) Household work (exercising to clean up the mess at home is an excellent exercise) sports (Outdoor) 10) Ascending and descending stairs (11) To do asana. Person who cannot do anything should walk regularly.
2) PRANAYAMA – which strengthens the respiratory process. PRANAYAMA is essential in the epidemic of corona. PRANAYAMA demonstrates special control over PRANA and PRANA is an implicit force for complete fitness of the body.
3) Asana – Special types of asana keep every part of the body healthy which increases the body’s resistance.
4) Adequate and dense sleep – which strengthens the nervous system. Six to eight hours of dense and restful sleep is essential for health. Insomnia not only weakens the immune system but also pushes the body towards many diseases and aging. The body repairs or nourish the weaken cells, relaxes the organs, creates new cells, etc., during sleep at night which may not be possible for the body due to insufficient sleep or insomnia. Which weakens the body and it cannot fight diseases.
5) Strengthening bones and muscles – Exercises that stretch muscles such as yoga, dancing, gardening, karate, sun salutation, climbing stairs, skipping, pushups, weight-lifting Etc. can give good results. In addition, nutrients such as protein and vitamins can be helpful.
6) Keep the digestive system healthy – The health of the whole body depends on digestion. The body’s strength or immunity depends not on how much is eaten but on how much is digested. Excellent diet and disciplined life i.e. regularity keeps the digestive system fit and healthy.
7) Yoga – which is a prerequisite for inner health. Healthy astral body is essential for the health of the physical body. The human body is not just a physical body. The health of physical body depends on the health of astral and causal body. Our subtle body is made up of mind, intellect and ego while the causal body is made up of Sat, CHITTA and ANANDA. Yoga affects all of these.
8) Pure and SATTVIC diet that is nutritional and hygienic diet: – Food is a basic need of life. According to the scriptures, in Kali Yuga, PRANA resides in food. This means that it is very important for a human being to have a proper and necessary diet in order to survive. It is very important to know certain things about diet such as how much to eat? When to eat? How to eat? What to eat? and what not to eat?
9) Nutrients – Five basic elements are necessary for the nutrition and protection of the human body. a) Carbohydrates b) Proteins c) Vitamins d) Fats e) Minerals, health is closely related to food. The main function of carbohydrates is to provide energy. Powerful anti-oxidant it produces, Purifies the body. Carbohydrates we get from grains, tubers, sugars, dates, figs, grapes, etc. Carbohydrates make up 60% of the body’s structure, and 60% of the energy requirement must be met from this source. Protein is an essential element of physical development. Chickpeas and soybeans are rich in protein. The main body building factor is protein. It is generally advisable to take one gram of protein per kilogram of body weight. Vitamins, calcium, minerals and fats all work primarily to boost the immune system and be useful in the process of digestion and metabolism. Moreover, it also plays a role as an antioxidant. There are many types of vitamins like Vitamins A, D, E, C while there are many types of Vitamins B like B2, B6, B12 etc.
10) Sunlight and Natural elements – Sunlight is an excellent source of vitamin D. Thirty minutes early in the morning sitting in the sunlight multiplies the body’s immune system. In addition, the basic elements of nature like soil, water, air etc. are also important factors in boosting the health and immunity of the body.
11) Meditation and Concentration – which increases the mental strength of a person much faster, through which the attainment of physical health becomes very easy.
12) Positivity – Many research have proved that positivity increases WBC in the body which is an important factor in determining the immune system. Also constructive thoughts increase the number of DNA in the body.
13) Mantra chanting – Mantra is the cause of liberation, in the word mantra “MAN” means to think and “TRA” means to liberate. Thus mantra is an idea that frees from all pain. Many diseases are scientifically proven to be eradicated through mantras. Mantra activates our dormant brain that is subconscious mind which possesses incredible power.
14) Balance state of mind – Happiness or unhappiness, joy or grief, success or failure, all these are life-long dilemmas or conflicts. The more stability can be maintained, the more immunity is maintained.
15) Hobbies and choice – To live a life according to hobbies and interests plays an important role in boosting immunity. Playing games, listening music, reading, etc., whatever you like, doing things that make the mind happy, is an amulet cure to boost the immune system.
16) Avoid extremes in any action (maintain limitation) Balance or equilibrium is very important in life. Food, speech, job, rest, exercise, thoughts, care, love everything should be in a right proportion, anything more or less is harmful. In short, for maintaining or enhancing immunity equilibrium is extremely important. Don’t sit in one position too much and don’t stand too much. “Excess in everything is poison”
17) Pay special attention to negative thoughts as it is a very dangerous factor that depletes the body of energy. Trying to get rid of as many evils as possible such as selfishness, anger, greed, jealousy, ego.
18) Take away stress – which can also be done through TRATAKVIDHYA. Stress is an important factor in depleting the body’s physical, mental or spiritual strength.
19) Increase self-confidence – A common problem of most people is that they are always afraid that I will get sick, if someone talks about any disease than he will be depress thinking that if will happen to me? Confidence is an incredibly powerful weapon to fight diseases, enemies or problems. No one can win a person who accepts defeat.
20) Have faith in God – Faith in God increases self-confidence much faster over, calms the mind so that every problem is solved quickly. Faith in God increases healing power, the power to fight evil or enemy increases. Diseases also stay away from such a mentally and spiritually strong person.
21) Firm determination to achieve health or immune – There is no impossible task in the world that cannot be achieved with firm determination. No force in the world can stop us if we are determined to boost our immune system and recover.
22) Increase the emotional quotient and balance the emotion. EQ is more powerful than IQ and SQ (spiritual quotient) is more powerful than EQ, which demonstrates a person’s emotional well-being and spiritual well-being.
23) Pious or holy conduct (sanctity) – sanctity or purity is of two types, internal and external. External purity can be achieved through bathing and proper diet (fasting). While inner purity can be achieved through evil liberation, remembrance of God, chanting, penance, positivity, yoga-meditation etc. Internal and external purity is a very important factor affecting the immune system.
24) Philanthropy – Mother Teresa’s biography and philanthropy videos were shown to school children in the United States to examine how philanthropy affects a person. At the end of the research it was found that the amount of immune elements in the saliva of children increased. Thus if only the story of philanthropy has such an effect on the immune system then think how high the effect can be on the philanthropist. In short, even those who live without food can avoid diseases with the help of philanthropy, so the strength of charity or philanthropy is amazing. But it should be done with excellent spirit and true understanding
25) Habits and addiction – Alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana, opium, brown sugar, excessive tea-coffee, tobacco, etc. destroy all kinds of energy of the body. In addition to this, many habits in life such as irregular eating, irregularity in wake up or sleep, wrong style of getting up and sitting, wrong ways of working, improper thoughts and many bad habits of normal routine weaken the body’s immune system.
The reasons or points mentioned here are just brief idea as it is almost impossible to contain more detailed information about each due to the length of the article and the limitations of the words. Be sure to read my book “Health and Longevity” to get information on many such health issues in detail and in the context of scientific research.
~ Shilpa shah, director incharge, HKBBA college