- The new RAPID TSI Automatic Transmission is available at an ex showroom price starting from ₹ 9.49 lacs
- The most affordable automatic option in its segment, the new ŠKODA RAPID TSI Automatic Transmission with its class leading torque output delivers a ‘fun to drive’ experience like none another
- The 1.0 TSI engine, introduced with new RAPID, is central to ŠKODA’s BS VI powertrain and fuel strategy
- With a six speed torque converter, it offers exceptional power [110 PS] and fuel economy [16.24 kmpl]
- 14% rise in torque, 9% increase in fuel efficiency, and 5% upsurge in power over the outgoing MPI engine
- Introduced in 2011, the RAPID marked ŠKODA AUTO’s foray into the popular C segment in India
- It sets benchmarks for functionality, practicality and spaciousness, and is a top seller for the Czech marque
ŠKODA AUTO India unveiled the new RAPID TSI Automatic Transmission at an attractive introductory ex showroom price starting from₹ 9.49 lacs, nationwide, taking forward the ‘One Nation. One Price.’ philosophy. At the heart of the new ŠKODA RAPID Automatic Transmission is an incredible new TSI mill mated to a six speed torque converter. Displacing 999 cm3, the three cylinder 1.0 TSI petrol engine fosters an astounding 110 PS (81 kW) of power at 5,000 to 5,500 rpm and 175 Nm of torque at 1,750 to 4,000 rpm.The new RAPID TSI Automatic Transmission is calibrated for refinement, efficiency as well as performance, and perfectly fits the urban lifestyle of the ŠKODA AUTO customers.
Mr. Zac Hollis, Brand Director – ŠKODA AUTO India, said: “With the introduction of a six speed Automatic Transmission across the refreshed RAPID TSI range, the Czech marque has raised the benchmark within the segment. It is a reliable technology, provides a dynamic drive experience, and deems to be the best seller in its class.”
The fuel efficiency too is exemplary. The new ŠKODA RAPID TSI Automatic Transmission, with a six speed torque converter, offers 16.24 kmpl under standard test conditions. When compared with the outgoing 1.6 MPI engine, the new ŠKODA RAPID TSI delivers a 5 per cent upsurge in power and a 14 per cent rise in torque output. At the same time, the new RAPID TSI Automatic Transmission offers a 9 per cent increase in fuel efficiency against the previous motor.
HISTORY AND HERITAGE
The RAPID nameplate was incipiently used in the 1930s for the Type 901 and the 1980s for the rear engine RAPID Coupé. In November 2011, ŠKODA AUTO resurrected the RAPID nameplate for the Indian subcontinent. The compact sedan was developed exclusively for the local market by ŠKODA AUTO India – a wholly owned subsidiary of the Czech automobile manufacturer. The RAPID proved its mettle as a perfect blend of the marque’s timeless design ideals, unbending performance, superior build quality, enhanced safety and security, and European craftsmanship, all at a competitive price point. The RAPID marked ŠKODA AUTO’s foray into the popular C segment, in India, and garnered much appreciation from brand loyalists and auto enthusiasts from across the nation.
The subsequent iteration, introduced in late 2016, shares crystalline design cues with the rest of the ŠKODA AUTO product portfolio, among other elements: a plethora of safety and security modules, wealth of standard features, and numerous ‘Simply Clever’ solutions. The vehicle is ŠKODA AUTO’s best seller in the domestic market and sets benchmarks for functionality, practicality, and spaciousness in its segment. A tribute to the success of the Czech moniker at the legendary ‘Queen of Rallies’, the premium ŠKODA RAPID Monte Carlo combines luxury and glamour with pulse racing sports styling.
THE NEW ŠKODA RAPIDTSI AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION PRICE SUMMARY
|MODEL||PRICE (EX-SHOWROOM, INDIA)|
|Rider Plus Automatic Transmission||₹09,49,000|
|Monte CarloAutomatic Transmission||₹13,29,000|
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Ashish Kaushik Sunny Arora
Product and Brand Communications Product and Brand Communications
T +91 22 3313 7168 T +91 22 3313 7332