- “Sahaj Marg and Heartfulness program along with Yoga are
like the beacon of hope for the world – highlights the Prime Minister
Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi in his valedictory address to the practitioners of Sahaj Marg (Heartfulness meditation), congratulated them on the completion of 75 years of Shri Ram Chandra Mission and emphasised the need of embracing yoga and meditation to combat the uncertainties in life. Mr. Kamlesh Patel (Daaji) President of Shri Ram Chandra Mission & Guide of Heartfulness, along with lakhs of Abhyasis (practitioners of Heartfulness) and new seekers were part of the virtual valedictory ceremony. Heartfulness under the aegis of Shri Ram Chandra Mission (also known as Sahaj Marg) has been propagating the modern-day version of the ancient Raja yoga system of meditation amongst millions of people across 150 countries worldwide. People across the world are benefiting from integrating this easily adopted practise in their daily lives.
Prime Minister Mr. Modi also lauded the efforts of Heartfulness Guide, Mr. Kamlesh D Patel (Daaji), and mentioned – In today’s world, there is lot of emphasis on fast pace, people are short on time. In such times, through Sahaj Marg, you (Shri Ram Chandra Mission) are making a significant contribution in keeping people energetic and healthy. 1000’s of your volunteers and trainers are familiarising the world with the art of Yoga and Meditation. This is a huge service to humanity/mankind. Your trainers and volunteers have made the real meaning of knowledge come true. Our Dear Kamlesh ji is famous in the world of meditation and spirituality as Daaji. I can only say that he is a beautiful amalgamation of goodness of the Western World and India. Under Daaji’s spiritual leadership, Shri Ram Chandra Mission is inspiring the whole world and especially the youth towards a healthy body and a healthy mind.
Addressing the gathering Mr. Kamlesh Patel (Daaji), Guide of Heartfulness said, “The transformational benefit of Heartfulness Meditation lies in transmission of Pranahuti (life force), unique to our practise and helps make it easier for the seeker in making meditation a daily part of their lives and benefit from it. Heartfulness Institute stands out by making relentless efforts to share the learnings from this ancient tradition, free of charge, to people across the world. The Heartfulness practice is a certain way of achieving peace, leading to samadhi. It is known to offer a state of deep meditation and bliss within the first few weeks of practice.”
Prime Minister in his opening remarks congratulated the mission and inspired the practitioners of Heartfulness by mentioning – this milestone of 75 years is very critical in nation building and taking the society forward strongly. It is the result of your commitment towards this goal that this mission is today spread to more than 150 countries.
In reference to the global headquarters of Heartfulness in Hyderabad he said, I have been told that Kanha Shantivanam is built over a region that was barren earlier. It is your (Daaji) dedication and commitment that has transformed it into Green Kanha Shantivanam.
He continued his address and said – the world is looking at health and wellness very seriously especially after Covid 19. India has much to offer in this regard. Our Yoga and Ayurveda can contribute to a healthy planet. We should scientifically elaborate on their benefits and invite the world to come and rejuvenate in India. Your own Heartfulness meditation practice is a step in that direction.
Globally, lack of attention to Mental health issues have only compounded the situation with COVID 19. Studies by reputed organisations have also shown that Heartfulness meditation and other forms of meditation help reduce stress, anxiety and promote overall wellbeing. Meditation and yoga will play a very important role in averting a new crisis in the making, and we must embrace these practices to lead a more balanced and harmonious life.
Added Daaji, “It is through karma that we move towards Brahma vidya. It is through Shramma that we proliferate in the material world. Both are necessary. It is a clarion call that India must lead the world and rest of humanity towards spirituality. Spirituality is unification, and we must unite by achieving the highest goal through interconnectedness amongst ourselves without any barriers.”
Heartfulness Programs: touching and transforming lives everywhere
Heartfulness initiatives to support a sustainable way of life touches people from different walks of life these include initiatives around health, education and green amongst others. The impact of some of the programs is captured below.
- Training to Anganwadi and Asha workers to deal with stress under its Divya Janani program
- Contribution by Heartfulness to support our community during COVID
- Over 10 lakhs meals served
- Around 7.5 lakhs masks distributed to frontline workers as part of covid support programs
- 5000+ universities and colleges benefit from Heartful Campus programs
- Heartfulness Education Teacher Capacity Building Programs for Govt and Private School Teachers – 10050,000 teachers in the last three years.
- Over 150,00,000 (10th 11th 12th standard) students benefit from free HELP (Heartfulness Experience Life’s Potential) programs to become confident and wholistic individuals
- Heartfulness Essay Event being conducted over 28 years to inspire value-based learning amongst youth is touching lives of a million students each year across 250,000 education institutes
- Heartfulness Education provides Vedic math training to teachers, trainers and student
- 10,000 under privileged students given free training on Brighter Minds – the cognitive enhancement program for children of 5 – 15 years
- PH. D program: 2 of the scholars have so far completed their theses and received their PhDs from the University of Mysore, on the topics of the effect of values education on the behaviour of students, and the role of Heartfulness in the transformation of human qualities. 20 other scholars are continuing their theses.
- Unique eco preserving initiatives
- 6500,000 plus trees including rare and red listed varieties planted in 5 years
- 15000 + trees identified for felling due to road widening from successfully translocated from remote regions
- A rain forest successfully implemented for the first time in Telangana region
- 6,00,000 plus nursery that acts as a supply to the greening efforts at Kanha Shantivanam