The last lunar eclipse of the year (Chandra Grahan 2020) is going to happen this afternoon. The duration of the eclipse will be 4 hours 21 minutes. According to the customs of Hinduism, it is strictly prohibited to do certain things during the eclipse period. By the way, it is a lunar eclipse that does not have much effect, but still some precautions should be taken.
- One should also avoid looking at the eclipse with the naked eye. Eating and making both should be avoided at the time of eclipse. Taking a bath after the eclipse reduces its effect.
- One should not eat stale food or leftover food after lunar eclipse. Put such food to animals. If things made of milk are kept in the house, instead of throwing them, put basil leaves in them.
- During the eclipse, pregnant women should especially avoid the shadows of the eclipse. Because the shadow of the eclipse is afraid of falling on the unborn baby. Apart from this, the elderly and the afflicted person should also avoid going out.
- Never cut hair and nails at the time of eclipse, do not do any sewing-embroidery work at this time. It is considered inauspicious. During this time, do not use sharp things like knife, fork or needle.
- Avoid starting any new and auspicious work during eclipse. Failure can take place. Also, at the time of eclipse, husband and wife should never make a physical relationship.