If a person acquires true knowledge, he realizes that happiness is not in subjects or objects but it depends on the human mind. Yoga is the name of the remedy to purify the mind and make it seedless. Yoga is about connecting our-self with the one and only God. The only desire of a living being is happiness and peace and all his efforts are for the attainment of this goal. The main reason for all the fights, problems, conflict in the society is the human mind. Giving peace and balance to the human mind is the greatest social service. Compared to other living beings or animals, human beings can be considered as religious, cultured animals so that they can be taught to control their emotional side through education and training. There are definite rules for maintaining relationships and minimizing conflicts such as meritocracy, patience, friendliness and contentment. By meditating on these four things, by following them, the mind can be kept happy.
The present society is living a life of unrest and struggle there is no happiness and peace in life mainly due to the lack of these four qualities. The main reason behind the lack is that he has severed his relationship with God. If there is a desire for happiness and peace in life, it is necessary to connect with God and that is possible through yoga because the basic meaning of yoga is to connect, that is, the union of the soul with the supreme soul. The word yoga is derived from the ancient verb “YUJ”, which means “to join” or “to come together” or to join two or more things. Yoga means connection or oneness. That is why we utilize word VIYOG for detachment. The individual is no different from the collective when he separates himself from universe problems arise. Yoga means a state of stability and peace. Yoga is a balance of life. That is, eating too much or too less, sleeping too much or too less, talking too much or kept complete mum is called AYOG means the detachment from the equilibrium position. Lord Krishna has said in the BHAGAVAD GITA “Yoga means karmic skill”. Yoga is the state where the mind is where the body is. Yoga means peace yoga means happiness that is why VIYOG means sorrow. Thus, Yoga is the name of the way to attain God. Yoga is a science, not a scripture” (in which faith is not required, even an atheist can do yoga). Yoga means total so to get anything incomplete is ignorance.
Knowledge comes only by understanding and grasping the whole. One of the most important factors behind every kind of suffering in the world is AYOG that is detachment. There are four factors responsible for AYOG (separation from God).
2) Unholy rites
3) Lack of masculinity
4) Pre-birth deeds. There are five main prerequisites for yoga or communion with God.
1) Introduction to God and faith in Him means trust in God. Just as a mother’s relationship with birth is bound up with faith and progresses by trust, so is her introduction and faith in Him essential before joining with God.
2) The mind should be engrossed in God. Our experience is that whatever is dear to a person, the soul is always attached to it, just as if wealth is dear then the mind stays totally engrossed in the pursuit of wealth for the rest of one’s life. In the same way, if the mind is attached to a lover or a son, it is constantly attached to it. In this way, if the mind is to be absorbed in God, then the attachment to God has to be increased.
3) Devotion to God and intoxication – When a person has a relationship with anyone, he constantly runs for it, just like a father runs all his life for home, son, etc. The mother is constantly doing housework and that too with enthusiasm is called intoxication. If such intoxication is towards God, then the relationship is said to be connected. When a person constantly considers himself to be engaged in the work of God with body-mind-wealth, his intoxication increases which is an indispensable condition for joining God.
4) A person connected with God should behave according to divine qualities. Doing welfare work to purify others with mind-word-deed, realizing that it is my responsibility to make God’s creation happy and giving up all efforts for it and never do any work that is not dear to God.
5) The soul connected with God does not follow the opinion of MAYA, the opinion of God is based on the best opinion, that is, not towards love, but always towards credit. For yoga or to connect with divine power, MAHRSHI PATANJALI has explained in detail the scientific tool such as ASHTANGA Yoga in Yoga-literature. As the name implies, there are eight major types of organs.
1) YAMA: – The word YAMA means self restraint or control over “self”. In which there is talk of five merits.
2) NIYAM- means rules means fasting, discipline etc. Here the indispensability of five types of rules is shown such as
4) scripture reading
3) ASANA – is nothing but stability. Stability is a prerequisite for attaining God or yoga. 4) PRANAYAMA – PRANAYAMA is the dimension of making the PRANA stable, calm and regular. PRANA is the basic element of life and is the life force of all living being. The length of a human life is determined by how many breaths he takes, the quieter the breath and longer the regular life. Tortoise lives very long life of thousand years because it breath hardly two or three in a minute while dog breaths to fast takes many breaths in a minute so lives hardly eight to ten years. If we human want to live for hundred years then we should take fifteen breaths in a minute. PRANA is a very energetic life force. 5) PRATYAHAR – PRATI + AHAR means PRATYAHAR. PRATYAHARA is the action of withdrawing the senses from the external subjects and connecting them with the inner consciousness. It is made possible by asceticism and practice. 6) DHARANA – means to fix the mood in the heart. Because God is in everyone’s heart. 7) DHYANA – means meditation the tendency towards the goal. Thus meditation means concentrating the instinct towards the goal. Thus meditation is a means of concentration, which is a very important part of yoga. The basis of any kind of success in life is concentration which we all know. 8) Samadhi- means concentrating the mind in a divine feeling. Samadhi means eternal peace and confluence of life with Shiva. Thus it is possible to connect with God with a true and scientific understanding of these eight limbs of yoga.
Spending money in yoga camps without proper understanding the real beauty of yoga cannot give fruitful result. Instead of following proper norms a person can become a patient by doing yoga. It is important to understand that asana and PRANAYAM can never give the right result without following the rules of YAAM and NIYAMA. It is worth remembering that one cannot reach directly the eighth limb without crossing the first limb of ASHTANGA Yoga without primary study no one can get direct admission in college as simple as that.
Extreme volatility is the nature of the mind. Yoga meditation is very important to increase a person’s concentration. Increasing concentration calms the mind as it stops wandering. As the mind calms down, its power increases manifold and as the power of the mind increases, human beings can do impossible things. Forty years ago in America, a saint named Edgar KAYESI who went to a deep sleep-like Samadhi and prophesied and it came true. He made a total of 10,000 predictions and all of them came true who is known as sleeping prophet. In Russia there was a man named MIKHALOVA. Who can pull an object four feet away from meditation only with the power of the eye (yoga). He performed experiments in the presence of thirty scientists. He knocked the flying birds down to the ground with the strength of his eyes (yoga-meditation). Thus everything is possible with the power of concentration like yoga-meditation. The right brain of a person is highly developed through activities like meditation, yoga, prayer, auto-suggestion, nature observation etc., so that more alpha waves are produced and the power of the person is multiplied. Nijinsky became a wonderful dancer. He flew so high while dancing that it felt unusual. His wife once told him that it is sad that you can’t see your dance yourself.
Then the dancer said who said I can’t see, I can only fly high when I’m out of that body. I can’t fly that high when I’m in the body because at that time I have weight. When I stay out and dance, I get lighter so I can fly higher. Yoga says that when a person’s heart Chakra is awakened, the influence of the earth’s gravity on him decreases. This is because the energy is produced when the heart Chakra is awakened and the process of awakening this energy is called Vedic Sanskrit YAGNA. If this energy is awakened the person becomes very powerful and cool. That is why many true ascetics are very powerful and at the same time very cool and gentle. Yoga-meditation separates the physical body of man from the energy body. The same thing is done by medical science through anesthesia during the operation which people do not find miraculous while the power of yoga-meditation and its proof seems miraculous to people. When we don’t understand the cause-and-effect relationship behind something, we forget it by calling it a miracle. In fact, from that moment, one should start researching about it and faithfully try to understand many wonderful things. This energy body is related to the physical body in 700 places i.e. there are 700 points in the energy body which touches the physical body. The seven chakras mentioned in yoga are also not in a physical body, so scientists do not see them when they open the human body. But therapies like acupuncture and acupressure work only at these points.
The needles at certain points balance our blood supply. There are many points on our back that are not affected by piercing the needle and there are also sensitive points that are immediately affected. All this is due to energy body. A machine made in Russia by a scientist named ADAMECO, in which if you are erected, wherever the physical body is related to the energy body, there is light in the red bulb, thousands of bulbs are installed in this machine but the light is only in seven bulbs. MAHARSHI PATANJALI has spoken of seven chakras instead of seven points. The grip of yoga is deeper than acupuncture. Maharishis have experienced that all these points are on the periphery, not in the center. And there is a center of connection of hundreds of points and he named it Chakra. Thus yogis do not grasp the circumference but in their opinion if the center is touched the circumference and other points attached to it are automatically grasped. About 200 years ago, in the Czechoslovak city of Prague, a man named BETISLAV Kafka knocked a flying bird to the ground with his own eyes, killing it or alive it.
He performed these experiments in the presence of many scientists in Europe. Asking him about this he said I pull the energy of the bird out of my eyes like a baby sucking milk from the mother’s breast or pulling dust like a vacuum cleaner. Bio-energy (not oxygen) can also be collected and such stored energy can be used to give life to patients in a hospital in an emergency like an oxygen cylinder. Such deeds require the support of true and selfless ascetics. The American scientist Wilhelm Rack fell. He said that if you sit on the beach and look at the sky, you will see some figures high up.
We usually understand this as an illusion but it is actually your life force which comes out of us and spreads all around. If a person learns to absorb this life energy back into him-self he can become aspiring. The power that was in the earlier sages, Maharishis and PRANAYAMA is nothing but a way to draw the energy inwards. In fact, PRANAYAM is not a way to breathe or get more oxygen or stay healthier, but a way to absorb such an argon energy bunch, which is all around us. This increased energy can be used for penance, but if you don’t Instead of PRANA yoga, gas problem is created which destroys the body. In short, on the occasion of today’s world yoga day, the only expectation is to make life better by understanding yoga which is our valuable heritage from a scientific point of view.
Shilpa Shah, Director in charge HKBBA College